Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Some RSS subscription links for sites I like


Sometimes it can be hard to find all the useful RSS feeds out there for your favorite sites. This can be especially true for many sites' category-specific feeds. Their presence sometimes doesn't get auto-discovered by your browser, which is a shame because (in my opinion) it's there that the true power and usefulness of RSS syndication is found. So here's my small attempt to catalog some of the RSS feeds that I find useful but that may not be well publicized. A lot of these I found after either lengthy Googling or just manual URL trial-and-error, so I thought I'd share them here.

This is not an exhaustive list. I'll keep this post updated as I add new useful links, so if you discover a useful RSS URL trick then feel free to add it to the comments.

Just for the sake of examples, I'll use "korea" as my generic tag name, so just replace it with whatever you're looking for.

Site feeds 


Bill Maher's Realtime blog (just his commentary - no guests/video fluff)



Joel Osteen daily devotions blog (just posts, no fluff)



Website tag/category feeds 


Medium tag feeds
Lifehacker tag feeds

Podcast feeds


If you like subscribing to podcasts but don't use iTunes, it's sometimes hard to find the right RSS feed to subscribe to. Here are a few that I like that were a bit hard to find. I subscribe to these podcasts in my usual feed reader, Inoreader.

"Art of Manliness" podcast
"Korea FM" podcast
Pre-"Late Show with Stephen Colbert" podcast
Joel Osteen podcast

Happy reading (or listening). 

No comments :

Post a Comment