Nice Pojangmacha Pic

I know this is a weird thing to post during a nice cherry blossom springtime, but I wanted to take a second to give a shout-out to Paul in Uijeongbu, who took the photo that is my current desktop background.

Outdoor Seating (DSC_0540)

There's something about this scene that really puts me at ease every time I close all my windows and tabs. Such a warm, quaint, inviting-looking pojangmacha (포장마차) type place on a crisp winter evening. These places are great. If you're not familiar, these are usually just food stall tents set up usually just for the season, with cheap food and alcohol in a grungy ambiance that feels really humanizing. I've found it hard to not end up talking to people here. CNN even has a guide for you.

They're usually better in spring and summer since it's outdoors and all, but I'll be damned if some of the nicest coziest times weren't spent at this kind of place after a long snow-trudging hike up some mountain or other. Maybe that's why I like this picture so much. Like non_ducor_duco said on Reddit, it's really a Korean version of Nighthawks. And like I said, it makes a great desktop.

See more of Paul's great collection of photos here, and follow his RSS photo feed here.


Comments