Yogiyo's "도치피치피보족" food delivery advertisement

Recently on YouTube there was an ad that sticks in my head. It's from food delivery app Yogiyo (요기요) and features actress Kim Yoo-jung (김유정) singing a cutesy song to teach you about what to order for dinner each day of the week. If I say DO-CHI-PI-CHI-PI...BO-JOK! it may ring some bells. Here's her list of what you should order.


YOGIYO-YouTube-advert-dailyfood
도치피치피…보족!


Day
Korean food
English
Mon
도사락
A sort of "school lunch tray" meal with rice and assorted sides
Tue
치킨
Fried chicken
Wed
피자
Pizza
Thu
치킨
More fried chicken
Fri
피자
More pizza
Sat
보쌈
Soft boiled pork
Sun
족발
Pig's feet

It's a cute concept, but less so when you realize she's recommending four nights of pizza or chicken, and let's be honest the weekend food here is not exactly the best quality fare either.

I actually love bossam, especially wrapping the tender pork in crunchy kimchi. It really melts nicely in your mouth. I'm not a jokbal fan though. I actually love the smell, and get hungry and salivate every time I walk by a local jokbal place. The smell reminds me of a spicy juicy version of the inside of one of those old Hickory Farms meat log stores. However it's too chewy and a little slimy for me. The taste is good, but the texture always bugs me.

If you want to give this app a try, somebody did a post about ordering from it in English:
How to Order Food Using the Yogiyo App | The Naked Foreigner

And here's a comparison of the two currently dominant food delivery apps:
Korean Delivery Apps Yogiyo vs Baedal Minjok – Seoul Space

Anyway, watch her prance and aegyo you into obesity here:



Comments