English tutoring gigs on a map

Update: Looks like the site has unfortunately closed down.

If you're looking for a part-time English tutoring gig, here's a neat site called KocoTutor. It displays current listings for English tutor positions in and around the Seoul metro area, but does it on a nice clean minimal Google map.

KocoTutor.com screenshot

You browse the map, you click the pin, you read the details in the pop-up box, and you like it, you click "E-mail" to contact the customer directly. Neat idea if you're a teacher looking for gigs in a specific area, say near your home or near another gig.

I know these kind of job listing boards are a dime a dozen, but this one impressed me enough to throw up a quick post about it. Very convenient and organized. Beats trolling ▷▶Craigslist◁◀ or WorknPlay. The little pop-up boxes contain just the relevant info. No bullshit. And you click through them easily. OK honestly, I just love maps and clicking pins on maps to get boxes, so this thing was right up my alley.

You can do a text search too, but just clicking around the map is simplest. The text results are the same map listings, just in clean sort-able columns.

When you see something you like, click the "Email" link and it will bring up a filled-in mail like this:

Auto-filled application email

Note that right now these listings are all part-time gigs only, and listings expire after 12 days. The admin says you need to specifically register with this site to post an ad, and these are for legit customers or schools, not just dragnetting recruiters. So hopefully you can avoid some of litter of other sites.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:
→ Koco Tutor.com - Hourly English Tutoring Jobs Map


Disclaimer: The guy who made this site is a reader and sent me the link to check out. He seemed like a nice guy, eager to promote his project, so I said I'd do a quick post about it here. That was 6 months ago. I finally got around to it this week. 
You should see all the requests I get for how to get the most mundane K-pop related stuff, like "Ohmona, there was a BTS live stage on Mnet on 2017-04-23 where Suga changed a lyric and I only have the 720p plz how can I get the 1080p" and I sit there looking at these messages wondering if they're even speaking English. I feel for you, kids, but I promise getting an even higher resolution isn't going to make your Senpai 멋진오빠 notice you. 

Comments