Gordon Ramsay competes on Korea cooking show

Just in case you missed this, Gordon Ramsay came to Korea and competed on a popular cooking show called Please Take Care of My Refrigerator (냉장고를 부탁해) which is a bit like Iron Chef. After Ramsay did some endorsement advertisements for Korean beer "Cass" it was fun to have him appear on Korean TV.

Chef Lee Yeon-bok with Gordon Ramsay. Image: Soompi

Gordon Ramsay went up against Korean-Chinese cuisine master Lee Yeon Bok to cook for baseball player Oh Seung Hwan. After seeing, smelling, and tasting the ingredients in Oh Seung Hwan’s refrigerator, the two chefs stood side-by-side before they began. Gordon Ramsay asked his competitor, “Should I let you have a 10-minute head start?,” to which Lee Yeon Bok stated, “I will let Gordon Ramsay retire,” as the timer started.
 - Gordon Ramsay Competes On "Please Take Care Of My Refrigerator" + Helps It Achieve Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

Soompi did a good job summarizing the whole episode pretty well so just click over and read about it there.

Meanwhile somebody posted the video with English subtitles so you can watch for yourself here:


Personally, I don't see what the big deal is having him endorse Cass. It's not exactly shocking that people do commercials for money. Are people upset that Ramsay's endorsement suggests Cass isn't that bad? Or that he's a big sell out? Either way I can't give a crap. Plus in some way he's right: I'm not going to sip wine while stuffing my gut with pork belly. Cass fulfills basically the same role as kimchi or danmuji or pickles. No need to get worked up about it. Hey, pay me whatever Ramsay must have received for this, and I'll go on TV and say that hongeo has a refreshing and invigorating bite.

Comments