Lookalikes 16: Bistro Pizza's Pero and Miss Minutes

I can't be the only one who sees this resemblance. The other day I ordered a pizza from a nearby place called Bistro Pizza (비스트로 피자) and the pizza box has a cute mascot on the front apparently called Pero. Knowing the Korean fondness for condensing names and words, I can only guess that pepperoni (페퍼로니) got compressed to just 페로 and thus Pero was born. So he's a walking slice of pepperoni. Cute. 

Pero of Bistro Pizza and Marvel's Miss Minutes

But to me there is a definite family resemblance to Miss Minutes from the Marvel universe, as mostly featured in the Loki series, which by the way is probably the last Marvel contents piece that I actually liked. Even the muted brown colors of the box give me a feeling of the TVA that she works for in season 1 and then tries, well, spoilers so I'll leave it at that. 

Whether meat or clock, there is something cute about both of them.

Bistro Pizza, by the way, is pretty good. It's more a flatter type pizza, which my grandpappy would probably kill me for liking, but while they look overflowing with saucy topping it's actually not that overkill. 

Google Images for Bistro Pizza


There's several branches around Korea, but mostly concentrated in the Seoul metro area.

Naver Map of Bistro Pizza locations

Maybe someday Pero can make Miss Minutes a Mrs. Minutes and they can have some spicy sausage offspring that are always right on time. 

Sources:

Comments