Lookalikes 17: Kim Dohyeok and Ronny Chieng

Kim Dohyeok (김도혁), a Korean K-League soccer player for Incheon United, looks a little (or a lot, if you ask me) like Malaysian comedian Ronny Chieng who's probably most famous from the Daily Show.

Kim Dohyeok (top) and Ronny Chieng (bottom)

I wish I could say I follow the stats of K-league teams and the IUFC, but I don't. What I do do is order bottles of makgeolli (막걸리) with lunch when the boss is footing the bill. 

And this week we were over here in Incheon and the local restaurant carried only Soseongju (소성주), apparently a brand produced locally and in a sponsor deal with Incheon United so some of the team's star players and coach were featured on the bottle label. 

Soseongju (소성주) makgeolli on the home pitch. Image: K-League

Imagine my surprise when I thought I saw Jon Jon looking back at me. Maybe I should just have water next time.

Read more on Kim here:  김도혁 - 나무위키. Interestingly, he has a teammate who happens to have the same name as the current Korean First Lady.

Not much to this post of course so enjoy this funny exchange between Ronny and Bobby Lee:

Ronny Chieng Can’t SPELL The R Bobby Lee Says 🍿🥤🤣 #shorts #bobbylee #ronnychieng #tigerbelly - YouTube

Comments