Jim Gaffigan standup comedy show in Seoul - April 2, 2019

Comedian Jim Gaffigan will be coming to Seoul on April 2, 2019 to perform his standup comedy routine. I like the guy, so here's some info I've rounded up about him and the show to help give him a little free publicity.


Basic info about the show


Jim Gaffigan Standup Live Show, “Quality Time Tour”
Date/Time : Apr 02, 2019
Venue : ECC Samsung Hall
Age Group : 15 years and over
Language: English only (No Korean translations)
Price: All Sections  77,000 Won

[Interpark - Jim Gaffigan Standup Live]



Promotional SNS


His personal promotional tweet



Facebook Event for the show

Jim Gaffigan [Quality Time Tour] Stand-up Live Show

Korean news article descriptions of his humor


사람들의 독특한 강박관념, 음식과 미국인들의 식습관과 나태함, 육아하는 부모의 고충 등을 그 만의 시선으로 살펴준다.
세계적 코미디언 짐 개피건, 내년 4월 내한

짐 개피건은 사람들의 독특한 강박관념과 음식, 미국인들의 식습관, 나태함, 육아의 고충 등을 날카로우면서도 유머러스하게 풀어낸다
‘번역 없는’ 미국식 스탠드업 코미디, 한국에서 먹힐까? : 문화일반 : 문화 : 뉴스 : 한겨레

YouTube promo, including some Korean subtitled bits from his routines


짐 개피건 Jim Gaffigan [Quality Time Tour in Seoul] Stand-up Live Show - YouTube





Is he funny? 


I've watched more than a few of his appearances on late night TV and some of his standup bits on YouTube. He's a pretty funny guy. What I like about him is that his humor is for the most part pretty clean. He doesn't have to rely on a lot of cursing or having some kind of image to maintain. Sure I like a good dick joke now and then and dropping the N word can be funny in some contexts, but it's ok to laugh at normal stuff too. Most of his material is kind of observational comedy. Here's an example of one I like:

Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe - "McDonald's" - YouTube


And those sweet, sweet bonus fries.

Netflix has some of his specials with Korean subtitles if any of your local friends on are on the fence about seeing him:
짐 개피건: 킹 베이비 | Netflix

Show location: Samsung Hall on Ewha University campus, Seoul


The location is right on the Ewha campus in Seoul so pretty easy to get to by public transit.




Other details


Here's a copy of the info posted at Interpark, all in an image you have to scroll through. Click it to make it full size:



Personally, it's too early for me to know for sure if I can attend or not. I'll see how my schedule is closer to the date. 77,000 is pretty steep, but I'd be willing to treat myself. Always nice to support somebody who doesn't rely on cussing and nasty sex jokes to get a laugh. I pretty much gave up on amateur expat standup in Seoul after a few nights in Itaewon awhile back. I felt bad for some of the "comics" because they were dropping F bombs and even P bombs left and right and meanwhile they are bombing too. I told myself "I should laugh just to support these kids, it's hard to get out there on the mic like this" but man, I couldn't crack a smile it was so bad. So you know, 77k is a lot but at least it's a reliable product.

Those links again:




And if you're here for comedy, it looks like Jimmy Carr will be in Seoul this year too. Now there's a Brit with a filthy mouth, but somehow it comes off clean like an astringent or something. Check out his details too:




So there's no excuse not to laugh your butts off in 2019. We definitely need it.

Comments