Links from Jan-Mar 2019

Here are my recommended news links from January, February and March 2019. I went a little crazy and saved more than I meant to but they're all fairly interesting and stuff you might have missed. Just skim the headlines really. I'll bring out my personal favorites first. I even added some of my classic commentary this time around for most of them. Enjoy reading the stories that I found interesting and hope that you will too.


Links from January-March 2019


I SEOUL U



All you naysayers, what say you now?

SNI Blocking




The truth about "Kingdom"

A pretty astute observation about the Netflix-produced Korean historical-zombie epic "Kingdom" here.

I don't see how a show revolving around medieval political intrigue involving a powerful family taking advantage of a weak king to gain positions such as the queen, royal guard, and military leader (thus unofficially ruling the kingdom), a bastard protagonist, and an outbreak of undead monsters could have anything to do with Kingdom



Cheollima Civil Defense "G-Visa"

I don't know what to make of these guys. With the whole cloak-and-dagger routine in this day and age, they seem like some kind of epic troll. And then with this whole G-Visa thing? So... pay them in nonrefundable crypto-currency and they promise you a Visa to enter liberated North Korea Free Chosun? This sure sounds like a scam to me. Even assuming they are well-intentioned, how on Earth can they presume their own visa system will be legitimate and functional at an international level? Don't they think the US, China, South Korea, will all have some say in this? And just plain selling visas with no criminal background checks? Like I said, this group has "scam" written all over it but what do I know?

Society / Lifestyle news links



Tech / Business news links



From Twitter



Cherry Blossoms maps




A funny emergency alert that went out...




Looks like I was feeling bitchy about the bad air quality. Like I ever go outside anyway...




Thanks for reading.


Links from January 2019


Now I am adding these too. They were originally a seperate post but somehow got flagged, maybe for being too basic. So I am adding them here to this post. Nobody will notice the difference anyway. 

Comments