Naver Map navigation gets lane guidance suggestions

Naver Map's real-time driving navigation feature has a major update: lane suggestions. Alright that may seem like a minor update but trust me when you are driving in an unfamiliar area this is a must-have.

Lane guidance in Naver Map navigation. Screenshot: Naver



Previously, the navigation would only indicate to you where to go and where to turn, but didn't specify which lane you should be in to optimally make that turn happen.

Most car based navigation systems, like the one built into my car, do this, so I ended up relying on my car navigation almost exclusively, and only pulling out the Naver Map app when I couldn't find the damn location in my car's crappy search bar.

I also like the updated arrow images showing the wacky curves of the exit up ahead. That's another feature seemingly ported over from car-based "navees". Very welcome addition to a great app. Anything that makes driving here easier gets my thumbs up.

Update: Here is a better look at the new very nice looking 3D views to the lane directions:

3D-style lane guidance in Naver Map navigation. Screenshot: Naver

Don't forget that this Naver Map turn-by-turn navigation is available in English too, with actually one of the most authentic sounding "native speaker" voices I've ever heard from a speech synthesis.

Comments