Lookalikes 11: Hong Nam-ki and James McCormack look like Ban Ki-moon and John McCain

Korean finance minister Hong Nam-ki looks a bit like former UN head Ban Ki-moon, and head of Sovereign and Supranational Ratings at Fitch Ratings James McCormack looks a bit like former senator John McCain. At least when  you glance at the two of them together. I honestly thought that's who was in the photo when I saw the thumbnail. 

Hong Nam-ki and James McCormack. Image: Yonhap
South Korean Finance Minister Hong Nam-ki (L) shakes hands with James McCormack, managing director and global head of Sovereign and Supranational Ratings at Fitch Ratings, at the government complex in Seoul on Nov. 28, 2019, in this photo provided by the ministry. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)
Finance minister meets Fitch official | Yonhap News Agency

I agree that when I put them side to side the difference is only superficial. But it could've fooled me at least at first glance. The whole reason I clicked through to this story was some half crazy idea of "wow I never knew they met" but of course they didn't. Or did they?


Comments