Lookalikes 12: Snoop Dog and Yi Hwang

I'm not going to admit where I found this image, because it would reveal the seedy types of Korean message boards I sometimes visit for the laughs. You probably already guessed what I mean. Regardless, it was an observation that I think is pretty astute. 

California classic rapper Snoop Dog looks surprisingly like Korean historical figure Yi Hwang.


The eyes, the beard, the cheek structure. I really do see it. It's funny because I sometimes thought Snoop had a bit of an Asian feature set in some way. Turns out I'm not the only one. 

And yes, the Korean guy is the one from the 1,000 won bills. 

퇴계이황 Toegye Yi Hwang (1501 – 1570)

Yi Hwang was a famous Confucian scholar from the Joseon Dynasty (That’s the 500 year Confucian dynasty in Korea!) who was big into calligraphy and poetry. If you’re wondering who Toegye is, great question! That was his pen name. Yi Hwang was a busy guy.

Who is on Korean Money in South Korea?

As Toegye was a fan of poetry, let's see if you can guess which of these two men wrote these lines:
Shake what your mamma gave you,
misbehave you
I just wanna strip you,
dip you,
flip you,
bubble bathe you

Come back next week for the shocking result. 

And since you're here, you might as well revisit this questionable performance: Snoop Dogg singing in Korean - YouTube



Comments