New Year 2024 logo doodles from Korean internet portals

It's a new year and some Korean websites have celebrated with cute commemorative logo doodles. Here is a roundup of some that I noticed online. This year, 2024, is the year of the blue dragon (2024년 갑진년). I have never in my life seen 갑(甲) be used to mean "blue" but I'm certainly no Korean expert. Seems to literally mean "heavenly / from the sky" and therefore we get "blue". 

 Anyway you'll notice then that most of these incorporate imagery of a blue dragon. 

I'll use the Zum one as the main post image because it's the coolest.

Zum 2024 new year doodle, "Blue Dragon year"


New Year 2024 logo doodles from Korean portals

Naver's Goodbye 2023 doodle


Naver's "Hello 2024" doodle - "start the year strong!"

The Naver doodles are by artist Limoo Park: 

Limoo (@limoopark) • Instagram photos and videos


Nate's goodbye 2023 doodle

Daum 2024 new year doodle. "Happy new year!"


Nate 2024 new year doodle


Zum 2024 new year doodle, "Blue Dragon year"



Chosun Ilbo 2024 new year doodle



Hankyoreh 2024 new year doodle


Anyway those are all I noticed this morning. 

Additionally, here's a nice page full of infographics showing some new changes in laws and social programs for the new year, divided up into categories of interest (like old people, families with young kids, etc)

2024년 예산 - 기획재정부

I'll probably do a post about some of the top trending keywords/searches from 2023, but later this week. Today I'm going to take a rest and and spend some time offline. 

Happy new year folks.



Comments