Korean websites celebrate Hangul day with cute logo doodles

Sometimes I go overboard with collecting these cute logo doodles from around the web, but I enjoy them. It's fun to see the whimsy that goes into websites for content that is only ever meant to last for a single day. 

And since today is Hangul Day, several sites drew up new logos celebrating the creation of the Korean script and most featuring an illustration of King Sejong who introduced it. 

Here are the ones I happened to find. I'll feature Nate's first because it's my favorite:

Nate logo


Nate mini logo

Naver logo doodle for Hangul Day 2022.
Link to more Hangul Day promotions.

Naver mini logo, the nieun ㄴ of 네이버

Daum logo for Hangul Day, a play on ABC (ㄱㄴㄷ)



Daum mini logo



Zum logo doodle

Samsung changed their main site logo to ㅅ ㅏ ㅁ ㅅ ㅓ ㅇ for the day. Source.


Ilbe logo


Chosun Ilbo logo

Google doodle for Hangul Day 2022. Link.

Google mini logo
Korean gov doodle. Link


By the way, apparently Hangul Day used to be known as "Gagya Day" (가갸날) due to the way the creation of Korean syllable blocks were often taught in schools. Read the first two columns of the first row in this table:


Naver also has an interactive quiz in their search results which I am finding very difficult. One of the sections simply asks you the correct spelling of foreign (mostly English) words in their Hangul usages. I thought this section might be easier for me for obvious reasons, but nope, I am failing here even with a 50% chance.


Although the weather looks terrible, have a nice holiday folks.

Comments